SaberToothedHandSaberToothedHand

Main News Audio Reviews Stats

Goldeen Loves Guitar Goldeen Loves Guitar

Perfection... this was perfection. Somehow you managed to totally capture like every aspect of the show. This is the kind of thing I would have expected to see on Adult Swim or some other cartoon channel on TV :D
"All of the Jennys" Is undoubtedly my favorite line now, at the very least because it was delivered so well.

Clogged Tubes Ep 1 Clogged Tubes Ep 1

Effing amazing.

To start with, the animation was beautiful, and Edith's movements were smooth and fluid. The youtube guy had pretty cheap animation and design, but I'm assuming that would be so that we were even more annoyed with him (worked wonderfully btw. good riddance XD). The conversations that took place on the forums were hilariously realistic, which only added to the eerie almost-beleivability of the plot. Humor was spot-on, and you ended it perfectly. Keep up the good work! :D

Flash Pivots Flash Pivots

Great animating!

Good job with the fluidity of the movements! I hope you move out of pivot soon and get some more complex animations out there; I'm sure they'd be awesome.

Outpost:Haven Outpost:Haven

Amazing fun :D

Like other people said, this is probably the most competent top-down shooter I've played online in a looong time. Weapon variety kept it fresh, and the level design was fantastic and very well detailed. You managed great pacing (something that few games seem to get), between the unsettling industrial-looking areas, well-lit desecrated offices, and that glorious "holy shit" night vision level. I'm really glad you didn't overuse that night-vision thing, btw.
I would have appreciated more than 4 "small" enemies and 2 "boss" enemies, though. Just a suggestion, but if you had a way for the corpses to rise again like in Dead Space, I am absolutely positive that you could make many people actually scream out loud ;)
Pistol would have been nice to upgrade, and i think an upgrade for the Vulcan would be great, because it seems to lack that "final weapon" feeling of power. Personal upgrades like health bar or speed would be nice, like maybe a sprint bar? With a faster character, the exploration would be more fun. The terminals were well placed, though, and the interface worked well with the game.
The music was incredibly well placed, with a lonely sountrack of sound effects on most of the levels, and some fast-paced music during some tense moments. As far as the sound goes, it reminds me exactly of Half-Life 2.
When I zoom in on the Explorer window, the game won't scale, but I can see outside the intended field of vision. I guess if you're having trouble, or don't like the tense feeling that you get with a small field of vision, that's a good way to make things easier.
When I used this zoom in the first swarm level, when I fired the China Lake, it seemed to hit everything on the map. I fired it to what should have been "offscreen" (but i could see it when zoomed in), and I could see EBE's from all over the map disappearing like they got hit. The "notice" bar would confirm that I got the exp. from all of them. Idk if you intended it like that, but it certainly takes a lot of the tension off of the Swarm mode.
There's nothing to actually complain about, but it's got a bit of room for improvement. But that just means it has even more potential :P I'm really looking forward to what you guys are going to come up with for the next game :D

Squize responds:

Thanks mate.
We would have liked more baddie types, but we just ran out of time. You have to draw a line under a game sometime otherwise you'll be working on it forever.

As to the pistol, that's there purely when you're screwed and have run out of ammo. It's meant to help you get to the next console so you can restock.

Verge Verge

Not hard, but a bit frustrating at times.

To start off with, this game was one of the best i've played in a while. It had a nice atmospheric vibe to it, and the "dead" zone was perfect. Lonely and unsettling, and the dead zone on the second to last one actually started to scare me just a bit when the peaceful music was taken away (good pacing!).
However, that one level where you jump higher and higher between the worlds was really a bit overly-frustrating. You can do it in one shot, but you have to practically replay the entire level if you mess up. I suppose playing through the whole game again to get the fairies is fine, since you probably need the practice for the "Perpetiel" medal.
...On a side note, you might want to reconsider the whole premise of "killing the black person over and over to advance the game." Just sayin :P

Thieves Away! Thieves Away!

Good start, I guess

It could be a better game, I guess. You just need to iron out the bugs and gameplay hiccups. For me, the movement kept sticking and I had to button mash for the character to snap out of it, and scares rarely actually worked. Even if this was finalized, I can't see myself playing this for more than 5 minutes, sorry.